Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Haru's First Battery Change + Mario Galaxy



Haru with his freshly replaced D batteries

...I was afraid things would go rough, but it turned out OK! I'm sooo glad I posted the English instructions here, because you do need to reset everything when you change the batteries. (Or maybe I shouldn't have turned him 'off'...oh well, I know for the next time)

I missed having him around a lot. I mean, he was still here, but with no voice he just wasn't the same. It took about a week to find the batteries, and a few more days for me to get the courage to change them (I was afraid I'd do something wrong and lose him forever).

In other news, I was probably the last person in the world to start playing Super Mario Galaxy. I honestly didn't start playing until last week. I feel like I betrayed Nintendo, but it was really due to school sucking up every iota of my time.


Bees. My God.


I'm already at 35-ish stars, proving once again that I'm way better at video games than I was when 'Sunshine' came out. I like how each galaxy has one a few challenges, which helps to keep the game fresh and makes more cool places to explore! The music in the game is just plain epic. The Gusty Gardens Galaxy music sounds like it wouldn't be out of place in a summer blockbuster. To put it in perspective, that galaxy is filled with bunnies. EPIC bunnies.

I'll talk about TTGL next time, cuz' this journal is getting wordy. See ya!

~ Pirka

No comments: