Monday, March 30, 2009

AMV - Keroro's Not Cryin'

This is an AMV I made on Saturday. The song is from the awesome Flight of the Conchords (it's actually from the very first episode, season 1-01). The song is called I'm Not Cryin'. I didn't use the entire song, though...

The episode of Keroro Gunsou I used is the season one finale, where Keroro is forced to say goodbye to his Pekoponian friends and retreat. As you may have guessed, it doesn't end up lasting, but said episode is still one of the saddest things I have seen in my entire life. I bawl my eyes out every time I watch it. EVERY. TIME. Keroro Gunsou may be a comedy series, but it does have its share of powerful and sad moments mixed in with the humour - so the tongue-in-cheek humour of the song seemed to fit the episode perfectly.

These are the lyrics to the part of the song that I used:

Oh, I'm not cryin', nooo...
There's just a little bit of dust in my eye
From the path that you made when you said your goodbye
I'm not weepin' cuz you won't be here to hold my hand
For your information, there's an inflammation in my tear gland

I'm not upset because you left me this way
My eyes are just a little sweaty today
They've been lookin' around a lot, searchin' for you
They've been lookin' for you, even though I told em' not to

These aren't tears of sadness, they're tears of joy
I'm just laughin'...
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Haaaa...

I'm sitting down on this table called love
Staring down at the irony of life
How come we've reached this fork in the road
And yet it cuts like a knife?

I'm not cryin'
I'm not cry~in'
I'm not cry-i-i-i-i-ing
i-i-i-i-i
(sob)

1 comment:

Turnip head said...

Same with me every time I see this episode I'm a water works!!!!
Good to hear I'm not the only.