Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Do Ya Do With A B.A. In English?

...What is my life s'posed to be
Four years of college
And plenty of knowledge
Have earned me this useless degree

I can't pay the bills yet, cuz' I have no skills yet
The world is a big, scary pla~ace

But somehow I can't shake
The feeling I might make
A difference to the
Human race!

~ Princeton, "Avenue Q"

I'm only in high school, yet this song speaks to me (same with all of Avenue Q). I keep on thinking about how I'm not a kid anymore, and in literally a few years from now I'll be on my own like Princeton. I'm really scared, just like he was, and I'm not even out of high school yet. I'm only in grade 10.
For me it's essentially the same, except 'B.A. In English' is subbed with 'Slightly Above Average Cartooning Skills'. What do I do with them?

On a further note, my Careers teacher is listening to Avenue Q with me right now. LULZ.

~ Pirka

No comments: